One-Day-A-Week Serious


So, I'm finally putting some energy into booking some more live shows. I've done a bit of recording at home and am working on creating a press pack to help in booking aforementioned live shows. I'm very excited about this, as I love playing recording and producing music.

The biggest hurdle for me is insecurity. In networking with other musicians and friends, I consistently feel like a hack. I just commented on a friend's profile on myspace and asked him to check out justinlandis.com and let me know what he thinks. Then I went to his site, tjsherrill.com and felt embarassed about my own. I know it's not a competition, and he's not the kind of guy who's gonna judge me for my lack of professionalism, but I still struggle with that.

So my goal is to learn to appreciate what I create for its own merits, and not for how it compares with others. I'm not very good at this at all, but I'm better than I used to be.

Watch this blog, and justinlandis.com for further releases and eventually an e.p.

Comments

Popular Posts