Imagine a Sustainable Local Economy...

That's the topic for tonight's kick-off for the Sandpoint Transition Initiative. This is a local instance of an international movement to help local communities develop a sustainable local economy.

I had never heard of this movement, but was approached a couple weeks ago about streaming the event live online. Richard Kuhnel, the event coordinator, was very keen on getting the event online. I agreed.

The whole deal starts tonight at 7pm and includes a smorgasbord of speakers and other acts ranging from local musicians to the mayor of Sandpoint.

I'm very interested in the concept. I'm interested to see if this feels like a real, workable solution, or a celebration of everything green without any momentum of its own. I'm hoping it's the former, but we'll see. If you're interested, you can watch below once the broadcast begins, which should be shortly before 7pm tonight.

Streaming live video by Ustream

Comments

Popular Posts