i'm getting close to 30

okay, so i've got a couple years to go. but i do think i'm close enough to start preparing myself for that lifestyle. i found this list on my cousin's blog and it seemed worth reposting (if not committing to memory for the years ahead). so, here you go.


I have a few thoughts on being over thirty and my wife encouraged me to post them. Also a college roommate of mine and I were exchanging emails about life before and after 30.

Here's a few things guys should NEVER do after turning 30. I am guilty of doing a few of these.

The list does make life after 30 look pretty boring. Although, the source isn't too credible... it was in a magazine.

• Use the word party as a verb.
• Do impressions of Austin Powers characters, especially Dr. Evil.
• Crash on a friend's floor or couch.
• Experiment with facial hair.
• Let your underpants show above your jeans or below your shorts.
• Apply paint to your face for any reason at all.
• Know the names of the current Real World cast.
• Remove your shirt in public--unless there is sand and a large body of water nearby.
• Use the word dude, except when referring to a ranch or a well-dressed Englishman.
• Use the word dawg in a sentence when referring to a friend or, worse, yourself.
• Sleep past 10:30AM.
• Cook exclusively on a George Foreman grill.
• Wear a jersey with the name of a professional athlete on the back.
• Use Internet acronyms, especially ROFL and LOL.
• Shave any part of your body except your face.
• Pick a fistfight by thrusting out your neck, flexing, and screaming, "It's go time!"

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:57 PM

    I am really feeling the whole turning 30 thing. Six months. I want to do something big but I have a feeling that it will be anti-climactic. My latest plan is a trip to a few countries, which are constantly changing, that I have never been to before. There is definitely something a little scary about turning 30. I think the thought of getting serious about life and finally growing up is what gets me. No more Frank the Tank.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts