alright, happy thanksgiving.


i love this holiday because of the focus on appreciation. we're reminded once a year (that's enough don't you think?) that despite our tendency to take our families, homes, friends, etc for granted we need to remain thankful for the good things in our lives. this is why i love thanksgiving.

so today, nearing the end of one of the most stressful weeks of my life, i'm thankful for the opportunity that i have for growth. i've not really risen to the challenge thus far, but today and tomorrow i'm gonna make an effort like i haven't before. afterall, if my thankfulness is only extended to those things which make me feel happy and make my life easier, aren't i missing out on over half of what life throws at me? and as much as i love things to be happy and easy, those aren't the things that help me grow strong, or make me who i am, are they? they're the mile-markers along the way; they're the result of choices i make (and sometimes the result of God's blessing in spite of choices i make).

so be thankful, for all the good things in your life that you think about and smile, and all the rough times in your life when you've been forced to grow or shrink. both are great in their own respect: without the downs, the ups wouldn't be as high and without the ups, the downs would suck even worse.

Comments

Popular Posts