my wonderful daughter

I awoke this morning to the sound of Ani saying "dan, dan," her word for "down." as I lay in bed and listened to her for the next few minutes I realized that our previously tiny baby has turned into, quite before my eyes, a vocal little girl. She now has several words in her repertoire; up, down, mommy, daddy, please, (which includes the sign language of rubbing her chest with her little hand) hi, and bye. While these are all available to her, she definitely has times where we can't get her to say anything for love or money, but then other times she just chats up a storm. People have a lot of different perspectives about parenting, but I have a feeling that it depends more on us as parents than it does on the kids or the age of them. Of course, maybe that's what all young parents think, but I'm hoping.

Comments

Popular Posts