Hooray for Obama, Bravo McCain

I am increasingly excited about Obama's impending administration. The fact that we are living in a time when the first black president is elected in America is momentous in itself, but pales in comparison to the excitement I feel about the culture I hope Obama will create in American politics. As he leads the U.S. over the next four years (at least) I look forward to an America that will enjoy a restored international reputation and a sense of responsible nationalism that will prove that we are the great nation we claim to be.


At the same time, I was very impressed with McCain's concession speech. That was the John McCain I remember from the beginning of this whole process. In fact, I can't help but wonder that if the McCain we saw tonight had been present over the last couple months, if this election would have ended differently, or at least more closely. I am thankful for such a respectful and respectable man to be in a leadership position in our country. I hope that he will work closely with Obama through the coming administration to continue to bridge the party gap and work together for the betterment of our country.

Comments

Popular Posts