i'm so behind on blogging that the thought of catching up almost makes me shake. i spent the week in pennsylvania with my family, immediate and extended, to say a final goodbye to my grandpa and honor the life he lived. i'm gonna try to post more about this but it'll take me some time to put it all down. the week was great. i missed having my own family (jen and ani) there with me, but for being on my own that way, it was really good. just a couple simple bullet points are:
- i doled out marriage counseling to the lady sitting next to me on the flight from pittsburgh to harrisburg.
- i got in a fight with my brother (verbal only)
- one of my female cousins was kissed on the cheek by some random guy in a late-night hotdag stand and there was almost a brawl
- my father was warned innumerable times (by my grandma) to "watch those curbs" as he chauffeured everyone around in her cadillac.
- we got lost on the way to the funeral
- we drove nearly 2 hours to get to an all-you-can-eat restaurant called the shady maple, but referred to by me as the "sweaty maple" as an homage to the perspiration brought on by sudden and intense fits of gluttony